Hey all,
I see a few have started embedding your own photos. Fantastic! Go get 'em Tigers!
One small note to keep in mind: Watch your photo file sizes.
A few of 'em I've seen have been really, really, REALLLLY huge.
An example: I embedded a photo for somebody last week that was a large, pretty and sharp picture of a gal, and the photo clocked in at 25 KB in size.
This morning I checked an embedded photo that was smaller and, to my eye, grainier than the 25 KB photo and, wow, it was an amazing 534 KB. I noticed, in part, because it took several seconds to load, even on my office line. Can you imagine dial-up folks?
Further checking indicated the photo was still set at 300 dpi resolution, well above the 72 that's best practice (which is best practice because humans can't really tell the difference between 72 dpi and anything more dense on a computer screen).
Please review the photo sizing guidelines. And if none of this makes any sense to you, do one of two things:
1.) Contact me for more instruction or ...
2.) Just send us the photos and we'll do 'em for you.
Thanks!
-Matt
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment