Monday, March 26, 2007

How to ... Use Inviso-text

I put this together to show a Geek Speak blogger how to hide a spoiler in a post about "Spider-Man 3," but I figured why hide it?

In short, it creates text that doesn't show up unless you highlight it with your mouse. I first noticed it at AintItCoolNews.com, which does all its spoilers this way.

Anyway, here's the code:

<font color=white>This is text that will be invisible unless highlighted</font> This is text that will remain visible.

In practice, it'll look like this:

This is text that will be invisible unless highlighted This is text that will remain visible.

(Note: This doesn't work QUITE as perfectly on this yellowish background as it does the crisp white of our own home, but you get the general idea.)

You can also use this code to change text colors, too. Like this, or this, or even This.

But that last one's not recommended.

Anyway, just substitute the color of your choosing instead of "white" in the initial code.

No comments: